Knowing the best time to publish content on social media is both an art and a science. It isn’t something to be underestimated, especially if you are a small business owner. This blog can help you learn about the best times to post content on five popular social media networks.
How COVID-19 has affected the posting times
Many things have changed since the COVID-19 outbreak, including the best times to post on social media. To get the best of social media marketing, you need to remember that:
- Not many people commute anymore
- Social media has become a more welcoming distraction
- Everyone wants to feel good and relatable
You may be using multiple social media platforms to promote your business, but it’s always best to focus on not more than three networks at a time.
So, what’s the best time to post on social media in 2023?
One of the most popular social media platforms with more than 1 billion monthly active users, almost every business has a presence on Instagram. But, merely having a presence on this platform won’t do the trick for your business. You must publish content at the right time to get your brand noticed by maximum users.
By fine-tuning your posting schedule on Instagram, you can take advantage of some impressive user statistics such as these:
- More than 500 million Instagram accounts view or use the Stories function each day.
- A staggering 800 million users follow business accounts on Instagram.
These numbers may look exciting, but it doesn’t mean you can just post your content whenever you want, expecting to get exceptional results.
Instagram uses an algorithm to show users the most recent posts. Since there’s such a heavy focus on new content, you’ll need to ensure you’re capitalizing on the best times to post for your followers.
Generally, the best times to post on Instagram are:
- Between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday.
- At 2 p.m. on Tuesday to benefit during the post-lunch slump.
- Between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. over the weekends.
Earlier, Wednesdays would be the best days to post, and the weekends were a total washout. Data indicates that the shift in people’s work hours has something to do with this change.
The OG social media platform boasts around 2.7 billion monthly active users, meaning you’ll most likely find customers on this platform for your business. Here’s why you should consider using and posting content on Facebook:
- Over 1.7 billion people use Facebook daily.
- Over 6 million marketers from B2C and B2B brands use the platform daily for promotions.
- Almost 78% of users access Facebook using their mobile devices.
This platform uses several factors to determine which posts people see on their News Feeds. Content is ranked based on users interacting with their friends, followers, and pages. It’s influenced even by the devices users use to access Facebook.
Here are the best times to post on Facebook to make an impression:
- Between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday because people love a bit of mid-morning browse.
- At 11 a.m., every day of the week except for the weekends.
- 1 p.m. on Wednesday.
It may be a relief to know that Facebook’s posting times haven’t shifted much since the COVID-19 pandemic struck. Furthermore, data shows that Wednesday is still one of the best days to post on Facebook. Make sure that you post consistently to keep your business visible on News Feeds.
This is one of the best social media networks for brands to promote themselves. For instance, the fast-food chain Wendy’s actively interacts with its followers on the platform.
Here’s some additional data that may encourage you to post more on the platform:
- According to Twitter, 80% of their users are supposedly affluent Millennials.
- Twitter users spend 26% more time viewing ads here compared to any other network.
- 83% of users would recommend a brand they had a positive interaction with on Twitter.
Nowadays, people take to Twitter with their complaints, expecting a swift response. But this platform is more than just for customer service. You can share a blog, a product update, or even run an ad campaign to get amazing engagement.
Here’s the single best time slot to post on Twitter if you want your audience to see you.
- Between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m on Friday, essentially before people head over to Instagram and Facebook.
Twitter has always been one of the more promising platforms for early birds, and consistent posting can get your brand more exposure.
This go-to social media platform for professional networking boasts over 300 million active monthly users, and another fascinating statistic shows that B2B marketers generate more than 80% of their social media leads using LinkedIn.
Here’s more interesting data to help you consider posting content on LinkedIn:
- 94% of B2B marketers use this platform.
- Almost 9 billion content impressions are created on LinkedIn, which is a lot.
LinkedIn offers you different ways to promote your business, unlike other social media networks. So this is where you should introduce your team and share content more specific to the day-to-day running of your company.
Here are the best times to post on LinkedIn.
- At 3 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. on Thursday.
- From 11 a.m. till midday on Friday.
Although most businesses work from Monday to Friday, the best days for engagement on LinkedIn are towards the end of the week.
This creative social media platform has a smaller number of monthly active users and more women users. Despite its more niche appeal, brands can easily reach a more targeted and engaged audience on this platform.
It may come as a surprise, but in contrast to other networks, evening commutes are the worst times to post on Pinterest. Why? Pinterest isn’t a very browsable platform, with several pins needing movement away from the channel.
These are the best times to post on Pinterest.
- Between 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. (The middle of the night, between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m., is also a decent time to get your pins discovered.)
Leverage your social media by combining other marketing tactics with your knowledge of posting at the best possible times.
Social media automation is another incredible way to reach more target audiences quickly. With a social media marketing tool like Practina, you don’t have to worry about managing your social media. It automatically creates customized content for your business and publishes it on your social media at the best time possible to boost user engagement for your brand.
Sign up with Practina today to stand out to your customers like never before.